Put A Smile On Your Tile
Tiles are one of the most favoured floorings by homeowners. They are durable, low maintenance and water resistant, while looking modern and sleek. Although they are low maintenance, tiles and grout accumulate dirt and grime over time giving them a soiled look. Tile and Grout Cleaning can get tedious as the grout between tiles can become discoloured and even mouldy.
Here are 5 tips to maintain your tile and grout:
1) Vacuum Regularly: Vacuuming is one of the best ways to remove loose dirt and dust from your tile floors. It is easier to clean after you have removed pet fur, hair strands and food crumbs from your tiles.
2) Area Rugs: Using area rugs in the areas that have the highest amount of foot traffic, will help prevent and reduce wear and tear of your tiles.
3) DIY Tile and Grout Cleaner: Sprinkle baking soda onto grout until it is covered, spray with hydrogen peroxide until it is wet, wait 10 minutes, scrub, and wipe clean.
4) Alkaline Cleansers: The Tile Council of America recommends alkaline cleaners for removing stains from grout. Alkaline cleaners include Spic n’ Span, Super Washing Soda, and Mr Clean, among many others. These cleaners are particularly good for cleaning dirty, greasy grout joints in the kitchen. Rinse the solution well and remove it with a rag, mop, or shop vac to get the white cleaner out of the grout.
5) Call a professional tile and grout cleaner: Our experienced and certified technicians at Who Who Carpet Cleaning and Pest Management identify the type of tile and grout and create a custom solution to remove the built-up dirt, grime and mould. We utilize a Turbo-Hybrid tool with our Truck Mounted Hot Water Extraction machine. This gets deep into your grout and removes all grime, dirt and stains.
Who Who Carpet Cleaning and Pest Management offer a wide range of services such as carpet cleaning, leather and upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning, flood water extraction, tile and grout cleaning and pest management in areas all across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Melbourne and Sydney.
Call us on 1300 946 946 or book here.