How to Remove Makeup Stains from your Carpets and Rugs?
“Eat, Sleep, Makeup, Repeat” is the mantra many people live by!
Makeup looks amazing, but not on your carpets! Keep Calm, we at Who Who Carpet Cleaning and Pest Management have compiled a list of tips to reverse this unfortunate affair!
With the unlimited range of makeup trends at the moment such as Fenty foundation, highlighters, eyeliners, mascara, foundation and whatnot.
It is recommended for makeup artists and everyday makeup users to have some of these tricks up their sleeve.
It is also extremely important and essential to read manufacturer’s instructions and care requirements before you attempt any DIY techniques to ensure you maintain your carpet warranty as well as the look and durability.
As a side note, if you are unsure of your DIY skills or do not have the right requirements, it is recommended to call professional carpet cleaning services, who will remove almost any stain from your carpet for a very affordable price.
Here are tried and tested ways to remove makeup stains from your carpets.
1) How to Remove Lipstick Stains from your Carpets?
Lipsticks are one of the toughest stains to remove from carpets as most lipsticks consist of a significant amount of grease in them and nowadays matte lipsticks are even more difficult to remove.
You will need a clean muslin or microfiber cloth, water and detergent mix solution, rubbing alcohol and the bare essentials, cleaning gloves.
- Scrape or remove the excess before you get the stain removal process started.
- Ensure you have your cleaning gloves on before handling strong solutions such as rubbing alcohol.
- With your gloves on, pour some rubbing alcohol on it, do not drench it, you want it damp.
- Dab the cloth on the lipstick stain
Always remember NEVER to rub the stain, instead dab or blot it as rubbing will ruin carpet fibres. You will notice the lipstick come off the carpet and onto the cloth. Keep dabbing until it is all gone. Lastly, spritz the water and detergent solution and dab the excess away.
If all else fails, you can get the carpet cleaning professionals in.
2) How to remove foundation from your carpets/rugs?
Spilt foundation or compact powder can be a sore sight to your eyes.
- Firstly, apply vinegar, water and shampoo solution (1:1:1) to the affected area.
- Leave it to work for a few minutes then use white muslin or microfiber cloth to soak up the stain, working from the outside inwards to avoid spreading the stain.
- It is crucial that you blot the stain and not rub it as you may end up causing more damage than started.
3) How to remove mascara and eyeliner stains from your carpets and rugs?
Did you accidentally drop your mascara wand or your eyeliner jar on the floor and now there is a nasty stain on your beautiful carpet?
- Don’t worry, you will need a clean white microfiber or muslin cloth, detergent and water solution (2:1) and preferably a spritzer bottle.
- If you do not have one carefully dampen the cloth with the solution and dab the stain, make sure you do not RUB the stain as it will set deeper and ruin your carpet fibres.
Dab until its gone. If it still doesn’t go, or it has been around for a few days add white vinegar to the cleaning solution.
These are some of the carpet cleaning stain solutions people swear by. Always do a spot test before using any solution, as some solutions with vinegar or alcohol act as bleaching agents.
Not all spots can be successfully removed, but we have solutions for those problems as well.
We at Who Who Carpet Cleaning and Pest Management use the latest hot water extraction cleaning technique and state of the art truck mounted machine to inject the cleaning shampoo, sanitizer and deodoriser into the carpets.
The sheer pressure of the hot water helps loosen stains and remove them. This carpet cleaning technology removes up to 95% of moisture, ensuring that it is touch dry when our technician leaves your premises.
For more information and booking an appointment, call on 1300 946 946 or book an appointment/request callback. Who Who Carpet Cleaning offers an odour removal product and a great spot removal product that may be just what you’re needing.
We encourage our customers to keep such products on hand. We also add protection to your carpet to protect it from future accidents.