Novel Coronavirus [also known as COVID-19] is officially a pandemic and a global emergency. It is the most discussed topic around the globe for the past couple of weeks. Here’s everything you need to know about the Coronavirus.
How does it spread?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause respiratory infections. The infections can range from the common cold to more serious respiratory issues.
Experts believe that it likely spreads from person to person contact which includes but not limited to:
– Direct close contact with an infectious person.
– Direct close contact with an individual 24 hours before their symptoms appeared.
– Close contact with a person with a confirmed infection who sneezes or coughs – Touching objects or surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, railings and then touching your mouth or face.
What are the symptoms?
Runny nose, Sore throat, Cough and Fever are some of the mild symptoms of Coronavirus. More severe symptoms include difficulty breathing or pneumonia.
According to the Australian Department of Health – people with compromised immune systems, elderly people, people diagnosed with chronic medical conditions, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people – as they have higher rates of chronic illness, people in group residential settings and detention facilities are at most risk of serious infection.
Importance of Cleaning and Sanitization
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after sneezing, coughing, handling money or being in a public place.
– Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Maintain distance from individuals within your community to prevent infection.
– It is a crucial step to protect others and avoid spreading the virus to stay at home if you are sick.
– Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
– Wear a face mask if you are sick.
– Clean and Disinfect the areas you have come in contact with using hospital-grade disinfectant or bleach.
Similar to any other bacteria, germs or viruses – the best cautionary method for preventing any infection is to practice good hygiene and maintain a clean, sanitized home and workspace.
Disinfect your home and surroundings:
High Touch Contact Areas: Doorknobs, Handles, railings, countertops, phones, bathroom fixtures, tablets and any other surface that experience high contacts must regularly be disinfected using disposable wipes and microfibre cloths.
Hard Surfaces: Home Tiles, Bathroom Tiles, Floors must regularly be sanitized using a hospital-grade disinfectant, bleach mixture solution i.e. 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water or professional cleaners who use antibacterial solutions and advanced equipment to provide a thorough clean.
Soft Surfaces: Soft or Porous surface such as carpeted floors, rugs, upholstery – CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) state to remove any visible contamination if present and to clean with appropriate cleaners.
It is an important and vital step to clean and disinfect all areas where possible and take precautionary measures while using public spaces.
It is important to note that there is no evidence currently that Novel Coronavirus can be transmitted through soft surfaces such as fabric or carpets, however, it is certainly a great preventative measure.
At, Who Who Carpet Cleaning and Pest Management we carry out all our professional services for the purpose of eliminating dust, dirt, grime, bacteria, and allergens.
We thoroughly pre-spray the area with custom shampoo and sanitizer solution that helps eliminate bacteria, allergens, dust mites and bugs.
All our vehicles are fitted with the most advanced truck mount machines that use the latest hot water extraction technology that deep cleans and removes 95% of the moisture ensuring your carpets, rugs, mattresses, and upholstery will be touch dry when our technician leaves the premises.
Professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services are carried out using custom anti-bacterial solutions, moisture and heat acting as a great preventative measure especially for households with children, the elderly, people with chronic illnesses and people with compromised immune systems.
Please note – Deep Steam Cleaning, Usage of Antibacterial solution and Cleaning process does not ensure the removal of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Who Who Carpet Cleaning and Pest Management provide a wide range of services: carpet cleaning, rug cleaning, leather cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, mattress cleaning, urine treatment, and water damage restoration across Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Sydney.
Call us on 1300 946 946 to book our services.