When it comes to home furnishings, leather upholstery is a very popular choice and with good reason, it is easy to maintain and very durable. Experts in the leather upholstery industry believe that good quality leather when maintained properly can last 25 years.
Apart from adding oodles of class to any room’s decor – leather upholstery comes with a hefty price tag. It is well worth its price, if it is regularly cleaned and maintained.
Does your leather couch or favorite recliner look weared down? If you leather upholstery at home or you car upholstery has seen better days, it is time to breathe new life into them.
Leather upholstery has a lot of benefits – but they also come with their fair share of disadvantages.
Apart from annual professional leather cleaning.
Here are 7 tips to maintain your leather upholstery:
- Always adhere to manufacturers instructions while caring for your leather upholstery. This tip is crucial when if and when you decide to use store bought leather cleaners or use DIY procedures.
- Ensure that your leather furniture is not placed in direct sunlight or in close proximity to the heater or fireplace. Prolonged exposure can lead to premature fading or cracking.
- Regularly dust and vacuum the surface of your leather upholstery – paying special attention to the crevices, nooks and corners.
- Regularly, wipe down your leather surface using microfiber cloth and distilled water – ensure the cloth is just damp and not soaking wet.
- For spills and stains: Blot it away as soon as possible. Use a microfiber cloth or paper towels to absorb the excess.
- For non-water stains and spills: Make a cleaning solution with warm water and gentle soap (1:1) ratio. Use a microfiber cloth to soak up the solution, wring out the excess and dab on the stain.
- When treating any spills or stains, use limited water or solution. The most important thing to clean the spill or stain up quickly so that it does not soak into the leather.
- If the stain is bad or treating it at home is making it worse, it is highly recommended to call a leather cleaning professional to treat your leather upholstery.
At, Who Who we carry out our entire leather cleaning by hand – Couches, Recliners, Dining chairs or Bed frames to name a few.
Our effective three step procedure includes Clean, Moisturize and Protect will leave your leather looking as good new and feeling more supple than ever.
Call us today on 1300 946 946 or 1300 399 667 to revitalize your leather investment. You can also contact us online to receive a free, no obligation quote, schedule an appointment or for more information about out services and procedures.
We offer a wide range of services: Carpet cleaning, Rug Cleaning. Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Carpet Dyeing and Rug Restoration, Water Damage Restoration, Stain Treatments, Urine Odour and Stain Removal Treatments and Pest Management in all suburbs across Brisbane, Redlands, Ipswich, Gold Coast and Melbourne.